The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) represents all 134 accredited U.S. and 17 accredited Canadian medical schools; approximately 400 major teaching hospitals and health systems, including 68 Department of Veterans Affairs medical centers; and nearly 90 academic and scientific societies. Through these institutions and organizations, the AAMC represents 125,000 faculty members, 75,000 medical students, and 106,000 resident physicians.
AAMC is currently accepting applications for the position of Sr. Director, Health Care Affairs for our Washington, DC office. The Sr. Director of Health Care Affairs will be responsible for facilitating change in the way we deliver care in academic medicine. The incumbent will work closely and directly with constituent leaders, including CEOs, chief strategy officers and innovation officers. As the lead on organizational and delivery issues associated with academic medical centers, the Sr. Director will be responsible for the Readiness for Reform (R4R) project, Best Practices for Better Care Campaign, and serve as team lead to identify new quality/value measures that reflect the complexity of care delivered at teaching hospitals. In addition the incumbent will be responsible to:
• Identify how CMS projects dealing with clinical care delivery can be translated into the academic setting
• Engage the Chief Transformation and Innovation Officers to create new ways to interface with members sharing innovative concepts in care delivery
• Act as Team Lead for healthcare innovation zones (HIZs).
Education/Experience: Medical Degree required. Economics background/experience a plus
• Minimum 10 years experience in health care settings or dealing with health care providers;
• Experience in quality and patient safety, a plus
• Previous administrative leadership roles in health care settings, a plus
Special Knowledge and Skills:
• Passion and demonstrated skill in leading organizational change
• Ability to communicate easily with constituents and understand the power of influence
• Understand academic medicine and its role in the healthcare system
• Demonstrated ability to develop and launch new programs
• Ability to work independently and as a senior member of the Health Care Affairs team
• Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment
• Strong public presentation and writing skills; ability to clearly and concisely exchange ideas, facts, and technical information with others and to formulate, implement, and administer long-range goals and objectives.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply online at https://www.aamc.org/about/employment
The Association of American Medical Colleges is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer