Would you like some guidance as you plan for a non-clinical career? Perhaps you're looking for someone to help you negotiate your next salary. Maybe you simply need guidance in how to leave clinical medicine.
All communication held highly confidential.
Individualized Career Coaching
We are currently working with several experienced career coaches who are willing to work with you on a personalized level. Please note that this is a paid service. If you're serious about making a career transition and you would like some personalized one-on-one coaching to guide you through that process, then please contact one of our career coaches.
We currently service the following areas:
- Medical communications/writing/education: medical marketing, advertising, promotional educational, certified medical education, medical publications, paid blogging, and more. You will have an opportunity to work directly with physicians who have worked in the medical communications industry as medical writers and medical directors. Receive assistance with salary negotiations.
- Consulting (McKinsey, Bain & Company, Boston Consulting Group, etc.) You will have an opportunity to work directly with a former McKinsey internal executive recruiter who is also a former McKinsey consultant (Business Analyst). He is willing to coach and guide clinicians interested in healthcare consulting. As part of the coaching process, he will review and analyze case studies with you to prepare you for the interview process. Receive assistance with salary negotiations.
- Financial Services: You will have an unique opportunity to work with a former Investment Banker on Wall Street who transitioned his career into Human Resources (HR), specializing in Staffing and Recruiting. Within this field, he has 10+ years experience as an internal HR recruiter, and external executive recruiter, across a variety of different industries ranging from Finance, Management Consulting, Pharma, Bio-tech, IT, etc... He can provide you with guidance/coaching from the pre-interview stage to the post-offer stage. He has experience both as an internal HR recruiter, and external executive recruiter managing total compensation packages up to $750K. He can provide valuable insight as to how "HR" operates, and how you can successfully navigate around 'HR" to maximize your compensation package.
- Health Information Technology (Health IT): electronic health records (EHRs), personal health records (PHRs), decision support analysis, computerized physician order entry (CPOE), and more. You will have an opportunity to work directly with several physicians who have worked in various areas within health IT. One physician completed a biomedical informatics fellowship at Harvard and is working for a start-up health IT company. Another physician worked for an electronic personal health record (PHR) company and developed consumer health portals.
- Pharma/Biotech: medical affairs, clinical research, regulator, writing, and more. You will have an opportunity to work directly with physicians who have worked in pharma/biotech. They are willing to share their personal career transition stories with you. You will also have the opportunity to work with pharma/biotech internal executive recruiters who are willing to coach clinicians about jobs in pharma/biotech and guide people through the transition process of leaving clinical medicine and entering the business world. Receive assistance with salary negotiations.
Please contact one of our career coaches if you have any questions.
I hope that you will find NonClinicalJobs.com to be a useful resource. Please contact a career coach if you'd like to get more information.
Joseph Kim, MD, MPH