Associate Director, Translational Medicine
Regeneron - Tarrytown, NY 10591
Job Summary and Essential Functions:
If you are looking for an uncommon opportunity -- a chance to join an organization known for its scientific excellence in the research and development of pharmaceuticals -- it's time to consider Regeneron.
Regeneron is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets three products in the United States, EYLEA® (aflibercept) Injection, ZALTRAP® (ziv-aflibercept) Injection for Intravenous Infusion, and ARCALYST® (rilonacept) Injection for Subcutaneous Use; ZALTRAP is co-commercialized with Sanofi. Phase 3 studies are in progress with EYLEA in two additional indications and with product candidates sarilumab and REGN727. Regeneron has active research and development programs in many disease areas, including ophthalmology, inflammation, cancer, and hypercholesterolemia.
Founded on the principle that strong science would lead to important new medicines, Regeneron has become an integrated biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions.
Regeneron currently markets ARCALYST (rilonacept) Injection for Subcutaneous Use and EYLEA (aflibercept) Injection. Regeneron has therapeutic candidates in Phase 3 clinical trials for the prevention of gout flares, central retinal vein occlusion, diabetic macular edema, certain cancers, and rheumatoid arthritis. Additional therapeutic candidates are in earlier stage development programs in cholesterol reduction, allergic conditions, pain, and cancer.
The Translational Medicine/Clinical Team is seeking a highly motivated team player to join as an Associate Director, Translational Medicine Planning, to participate in evaluation and strategic planning of antibody drug development programs. The successful candidate will be a collaborative member of a cross-functional team and interface with the Research and Commercial Departments to identify indications for product development. The candidate will also support clinical development planning of Regeneron's pipeline drug candidates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct detailed literature reviews and analysis of development opportunities from mechanistic, pharmacological and clinical development perspectives across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
- Organize and conduct consultations with clinical and translational experts in multiple therapeutic areas.
- Support early clinical development planning, proof of concept study design, and biomarker strategy.
- Writes summary reports and presents reviews and recommendations to research and development teams and management.
Experience and Required Skills:
- Candidate must possess a PhD, Pharm D, or M.D. A minimum of five years relevant experience in matrix interaction in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Extensive experience in basic, translational or clinical research related to target validation, drug discovery and drug development is required.
- Broad therapeutic area and target class expertise and experience in neurological and skeletomuscular disorders preferred.
- Experience in analysis of clinical and basic research information from a wide range of topics.
- Effective communications (verbal & written) and presentation skills are essential.
- Must be able to work productively in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including stock incentives, 401k with company match as well as the expected health and welfare benefits. Comprehensive relocation benefits are available, as required.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply to us today and find out what we mean when we say that, at Regeneron, we have an unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
Disclaimer: Regeneron is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Regeneron as a result of the referral or through other means. Moving forward, Regeneron is using the agency management company, Candex - www.candex.com
ARCALYST, EYLEA, and ZALTRAP are trademarks of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Please apply by using this URL: http://careers.regeneron.com/tarrytown/other/jobid2911296-associate-director-translational-medicine-jobs