National Provider Business Medical Leader - Healthcare
Thomson Reuters - Chicago, IL 60601
The preferred locations for these positions will be Ann Arbor, MI, Chicago, IL, Greenwood Village, CO, and Philadelphia, PA.
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer of Thomson Reuters Healthcare & Science, the National Provider Business Medical Leader will provide strategic advice and guidance for the business division's clinically related products and services. This critical leadership role maintains a strong indirect reporting relationship with an assigned business unit executives and serves as the business medical expert to media, government, academia, industry and professional organizations. The National Provider Business Medical Leader will act as a credible physician interface to key customers for sales, customer relations, and product positioning and will provides clinical insight into business, product, and marketing program planning; based on understanding of health care delivery, business strategies and core competencies. The preferred locations for these positions will be Ann Arbor, MI, Chicago, IL, Greenwood Village, CO, and Philadelphia, PA. While we do not require relocation to the aforementioned areas, a percentage of the travel requirement will include travelling and staying in these locations. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Strategic Clinical Leader
• Monitoring market environment for clinical performance improvement products and services;
• Proactively communicating key information/insights effectively to business unit(s) senior management team and key marketing/product management staff;
• Assessing clinical relevance and appropriateness of business unit(s) products and services and provide "Go to Market" strategic guidance to business unit(s) teams;
• Actively participating effectively and cooperatively in strategic and operations planning in addition to business unit management activities;
• Garnering deep insight into products/services within assigned business units and actively participating on sales and account management calls with key customers;
• Providing advice to the business and the broader corporation on matters such as employee benefits design, corporate wellness and global health issues;
• Supporting clinical training, development and facilitation of business unit(s) staff for consultative sales and relationships;
• Credibly articulating the our value proposition for potential M&A activities; and
• Ensuring all areas of direct responsibility operate consistently within the context of corporate mission.
• Influencing and contributing significantly to the business' positioning as a leader in its marketplace;
• Serving as external spokesperson to communicate clinical leadership, including linkage to the business' capabilities, products and services;
• Effectively combining clinical and administrative data to provide analytic insight for customers; and
• Directly and through business unit staff, actively contributing to business sales and consultative engagements.
Clinical Thought Leader
• Identifying major medical trends, analyzing their strategic implications for the Healthcare business, and collaborating with business unit(s) leadership to leverage this knowledge for the achievement of long-term goals and strategies;
• Representing the business to the media and government and present to "C" level audiences across the business sector, drawing appropriate conclusions to Thomson Reuters products and services; and
• Serve as a credible and influential subject matter expert on behalf of the Thomson Reuters organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we deliver intelligent information quickly and efficiently, so professionals have knowledge to act. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Healthcare business of Thomson Reuters provides insights -- information, benchmarks and analysis -- that enable organizations to manage costs, improve performance and enhance the quality of healthcare.
Ideal candidates will have:
• BA in a scientific discipline and MD or DO required. Candidates with an advanced degree in medical management and/or attainment of an MBA, JD, PharmaD or MPH preferred;
• At least 5 years successful medical practice experience with a heavy emphasis on care delivery, strategic business planning and profit/loss management;
• At least 5 years of recent experience as a physician executive within the provider sector serving a hospital or integrated delivery system. Additional leadership experience within the following healthcare industries: provider, payer, purchaser, vendor, supplier, research and/or government would be a plus;
• Demonstrated contributions to the thought leadership of medical management via such vehicles as articles, white papers, books/book chapters and regular speaking engagements in the healthcare field; serving on regional and/or national committees aligned with current/future healthcare efforts and concepts;
• Proven track record for providing astute business recommendations within a fast-paced, complex, multi-cultural business environment;
• Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas listed in priority:
o Health Informatics Technology;
o Employer Health Management;
o Provider / Hospital / Integrated Delivery Systems;
o Health plans Corporate Leadership; and/or
o Governmental Health Delivery such as the DOD, CMS and/or state level programming and regulatory activities such as health policy work.
• Strong sales and/or business development acumen including solid relationship building skills and a proven commitment to sales and business development processes;
• Highly effective coaching and consulting skills with a proven track record in quickly gaining credibility and partnering collaboratively with business leaders; and
• Ability to travel nationally at least 50% of the time (occasional international travel dictated by business need).
At Thomson Reuters Healthcare, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 55,000 colleagues in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a leading organization, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters Healthcare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2011 fiscal year (October 1, 2010-September 30, 2011).
Apply at www.thomsonretuers.com Careers; keyword: RES00000426
Apply at www.thomsonretuers.com Careers; keyword: RES00000426