At the Tufts Summer Institute on Web Strategies for Health Communication you will learn to:
- Use the web and social media to communicate with and connect to patients.
- Develop a coherent and justifiable web strategy for health communication.
- Select, use, manage, and evaluate the effectiveness of web technologies to create an online presence.
- Accelerate your online presence through the use of social media.
- Employ research-based methodologies such as persona development and formative evaluation.
- Use best practices from leading health organizations.
Guest lecturers for 2011 include: Dan Childs, Bill Tancer, Gary Schwitzer, Tara Montgomery, Ed Coburn, and Joseph Kvedar, MD.
Registration costs $1500 before May 1, 2011, $1750 before June 15, 2011, and $2000 after. Tufts affiliates and alumni pay $1500 for the course. Lunch and morning and afternoon snacks are included. Class size is limited to 20. Students in past years came from organizations including Lahey Clinic, Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), Fenway Health Center, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Medtronic Diabetes Western Europe, and the CDC.
More information is available at http://webstrategiesforhealth.com