Wednesday, April 20, 2011
MS in Healthcare Quality and Safety Management
The aim of the MS-HQSM program is to prepare physicians to be effective managers and leaders in safety and equip them with tools, methods, knowledge, and strategies for improving healthcare quality and patient safety.
The MS-HQSM prepares physician leaders to:
* Identify, interpret and implement policies, care guidelines, and regulations relevant to HQS
* Apply quantitative and qualitative analytic skills to design, conduct and evaluate HQS measurement, improvement, and research activities
* Produce research evidence to support policy development and change
* Evaluate strategies for selection and integration of information systems and technology to support decision-making and work flow within and across healthcare settings
* Apply management and leadership skills to develop policy approaches related to measurement and improvement of HQS
Both ACPE and JSPH are committed to educating physicians to be effective managers and leaders in the pursuit of healthcare quality and patient safety. By joining their respective areas of expertise – healthcare quality and patient safety and medical management – Jefferson School of Population Health and the American College of Physician Executives can significantly impact the preparation of physician leaders.
Learn more about this graduate degree here.