There are easy ways to connect with people in this modern world of social media and online social networking websites. You can:
- Twitter: Send a tweet to someone or RT someone's tweet. Start ultra-short conversations with others and stay connected. It's a relatively non-threatening way to get to know someone.
- LinkedIn: Contact someone directly through LinkedIn (or through an established connection). You can even leverage the groups on LinkedIn (like the NonClinicalJobs.com group on LinkedIn).
- Facebook: Use Facebook to get introduced to someone. Or, you can have a conversation with someone through the NonClinicalJobs.com fan page.
- Blogs: Post a comment on someone's blog and share your thoughts and opinions.
- E-mail: Keep it short and have a purpose. Don't make it a sales pitch.
- Phone: I always enjoy connecting with people over the phone.