EHR Manager, Health Information Technology — Advanced Clinical Functions - CSG (Job Number: 60474829)
The Clinical Services Group (CSG) is responsible for the development and implementation of HCA's electronic health record (EHR) program. Computerized Provided Order Entry (CPOE) is one of the key supporting elements within the EHR program. This position is a corporate-level management position that provides operational support in the management and execution of information system implementations that have impact in clinical areas. The position requires an in-depth understanding and appreciation for clinical information technology; its capabilities, limitations, and impact on clinical practice. In addition to a deep understanding of the technology, this position also requires a detailed understanding of physician workflow, and all of the coordination that takes place throughout a facility in order to fulfill any type of physician order.Qualifications
· Serve as the clinical subject-matter expert for facilities and divisions during the planning and implementation of increased and/or advanced clinical functions which include CPOE, clinical decision support, order sets, e-prescribing, physician documentation, etc.
· Provide coordination and support and serve as a consultant to the teams (clinicians, IT&S, HIM) implementing information systems.
· Manage issue gathering/definition, fact finding and resolution process for the implementation teams.
· Set priorities for team tasks and activities.
· Ensures communication between the project teams, the physicians and all of the affected departments during implementation.
· Exhibit fiscal responsibility by effectively managing project budgets.
· Facilitate effective communications among all team members to ensure comprehensive understanding of needs, expectations and requirements.
· Manage and conduct initial orientation at the facility level, organize and manage the clinical component of clinical information system implementations at the facility level, work in close coordination with CNOs and CMOs.
· Develop & deliver physician and staff training for trainers (train-the-trainer) and collaborate with vendors and internal resources to manage the delivery of training and education material courses.
· Evaluate the effectiveness of training strategies and materials and implement changes.
· Evaluate clinical systems to identify functional gaps and research potential solutions.
· Collaborate with IT&S in the definition and development of new or additional functionality to meet clinical needs.
· Collaborate with EHR Project management to assist in managing multiple, large-scale implementations.
· Participate in the definition of project success criteria and define metrics to be collected, analyzed and reported.
· Participate in the development of readiness assessment tools from a clinical perspective to determine readiness for various activities.
· Conduct readiness assessments, analyze results and write recommendations.
· Support evaluations of organizational support structures at the division or facility level (Physician Advisory Committee, as an example) and recommend changes necessary to support project rollouts.
· Establish minimum standards for all advanced clinical functionality builds for order sets, physician documentation, clinical decision support and problem lists to be deployed enterprise wide.
- College degree required. Graduate degree preferred with 7-10 years of related experience.
- Related experience must include 3 years clinical implementation experience with additional organizational or project leadership experience.
- RN or other clinical degree, with supervisory or managerial experience preferred.
- Experience in implementing CPOE systems and advanced clinicals.
- Ability to work in an office environment, attend meetings and travel approximately 50%.