Patients may frequently ask questions about dietary supplements. You may encounter questions like:
- Should I be eating more fish to avoid heart attacks?
- What if I'm allergic to fish?
- Should I take omega-3 fatty acid supplements?
- How much should I take?
- Which type of omega-3 supplement should I buy?
- What do you think about websites like http://www.omega3.org?
When it comes to fish oil and omega-3, we have fairly robust clinical data regarding the cardiovascular effects of omega-3 fatty acids. We may not know how it impacts inflammatory markers like hs-CRP, but we know how omega-3 impacts triglycerides, HDL-C, and LDL-C. Patients can learn about omega-3 fatty acids by visiting sites like http://www.omega3.org.
Are you interested in teaching patients about the use of dietary supplements? One way you can do this is to publish some online content that focuses on patient education and consumer health. You can write about the health effects of omega-3 fatty acids on blogs and informative consumer health websites if you have strong writing skills.