The Welcome Back Initiative provides immigrant health professionals assistance in obtaining the necessary credentials and licenses to practice their profession in the U.S., marketing their skills appropriately and effectively, obtaining further education and experience to facilitate their finding of meaningful employment in the health sector, and if necessary, exploring alternative health-related careers.
The Welcome Back Initiative began in California with the opening of the San Francisco Welcome Back Center in 2001, followed by other centers in Los Angeles and San Diego.
The program has nine centers nationwide that provide assistance to foreign-trained health professionals seeking credentials to work in the United States.
- Boston - Bunker Hill Community College
- Denver - Spring Institute for Intercultural Learning
- Des Moines, Wash. - Highline Community College
- New York - LaGuardia Community College
- Providence, R.I. - Dorcas Place
- San Antonio - Alamo Community College District
- San Diego - Grossmont College
- San Francisco - City College of San Francisco
- Silver Spring, Md. - Montgomery County Dept. of Health and Human Services
Learn more about the Welcome Back Initiative here.