Health Systems Institute Client Development Executive
Overview: The McKinsey Health Systems Institute (HSI) is a start-up business within McKinsey & Company providing scale analytic solutions to health systems on a global basis. US client development is focused on generating leads, following up on existing leads and closing subscription sales with US payors. The US analytic solutions define the implications of US health reform and generate proprietary insights on consumer purchasing behavior to inform individual market strategy.
In this position you will generate client leads and follow up on generated client leads toward the goal of increasing our penetration into the US payor market.
Detailed Description: There are 2 categories of leads.
• Existing clients/priority clientele of McKinsey. In these situations, you would work with the existing client service team to follow-up on leads. Importantly, you would work with the client to understand their needs and increase penetration of analytic solutions. You would not have point responsibility for daily client service or content delivery. Key skills are the ability to coordinate internally with McKinsey partners and HSI leadership on the client approach.
• Non-priority clients/clientele of McKinsey. There are 150–200 such clients that are potential customers of our analytic solutions. In these situations, you would follow-up with leads that would be obtained through distribution partnerships (e.g., AHIP, NGA). A key skill is using your network of relationships and ability to get initial client meetings and convert them to sales at regional payors. Over time, we will expect you to generate opportunities on your own using your existing network and future entrepreneurship.
Opportunistically, we will also plan to leverage your individual expertise in other areas (e.g., leadership development, in both product development and content delivery). Your primary “territory” would be the United States. As a result, this position would involve a significant amount of travel. The Client Development Executive position is ideally based in the North East but there is geographic flexibility for the right candidate.
Desired Skills: Passion for building a business
• Extensive network of contacts in the payor industry and understanding of key payor business issues
• Negotiation skills and confidence to finalize a deal
• Ability to interact at all levels of an organization, including C-suite
• High level of initiative, follow up, persistency
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to thrive in the ambiguity of a start-up environment
Please note that we require both local language and English language fluency for all positions in countries where English is not the native language.
Background/Training: Extensive experience in sales/client service in the payor market.
About the Practice: Please visit our website at: http://www.mckinseyhsi.com/
Location: Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New Jersey (Florham Park), New York Area-Connecticut (Stamford), New York Area-New York (Manhattan), Orange County, Pacific Northwest, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Washington