As the month of February comes to a close, I'd like to say that it's been an interesting month blogging about the topic of CME or Continuing Medical Education. Here's another job post from Monster for a CME medical director:
Medical Director CME
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Company that services strategic development and implementation of long-term medical education programs is searching for a Medical Director. The Medical Director is responsible for the development and management of scientific program(s) that fall under his/her responsibility. The Medical Director is a scientific coordinator, interacting internally with Program Directors and externally with Clients, key opinion leaders and faculty.
- Lead strategy-planning sessions in-house and with Clients to develop the scientific goals and content of business proposals, and ongoing programs.
- Attends Scientific Meetings and Symposia with the goal of analyzing and identifying potentially influential data from competitors, and it is his/her responsibility to make strategic recommendations for appropriate product positioning based on these analyses.
- Develop publication strategies and to supervise and participate in the generation of all enduring materials required to fulfill the publication program or meeting needs.
- Medical Director is expected to reexamine the scientific programs and publication strategies periodically to make recommendations for modifications as needed based on the evolving market and the upcoming scientific literature.
- Provide scientific guidance, strategic support and assistance in the development of scientific materials required for the elaboration of new business pitches, and to serve as the scientific advisor in new business presentations.
- Medical degree (MD or DO), with five or more years of clinical practice;
- Experience in CME accreditation, certification and credit systems;
- Expertise in performance and quality improvement methodologies in healthcare
- Experience in client consultation with in-depth knowledge of CME, medical practice and healthcare.