What's a CSO? Commercial Solutions Organization (CSO)
Innovex is an example of a CSO and here's a job description that you'll find if you visit the "careers" section on the Quintiles website. Or, you could just click on this link to get right to this specific job post.
Medical Affairs Director, 6315-0904554
DescriptionInnovex is the world's leading commercial solutions organization (CSO), providing our pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device customers with innovative commercialization options, including high quality sales and medical support teams, and the flexibility that is required in today's unpredictable marketplace.
We are excited to announce that at this time we are looking for a Medical Affairs Director to join our team of over 25,000 professionals around the world, supporting several pharmaceutical and biotech clients. In this role, the successful candidate will be providing US medical support to Biovitrum, a global specialty biopharmaceutical company, as they expand to the US market. Biovitrum recently acquired global rights to three products and is now developing strategic and operational plans that will maximize the value of these newly acquired assets. The right candidate will have the potential to join Biovitrum as a member of the senior leadership team at the end of contract.
Medical Affairs DirectorThe Medical Affairs Director will provide all medical functions including interacting with key opinion leaders (KOLs), key customers and Medical Directors of major payer organizations, regulatory and healthcare coverage organizations, and collaborating on the development of company strategy in all medical and clinical research efforts for scientific publications, product investigations (e.g., Investigator Initiated Studies) and regulatory submissions. The Director will serve as a medical/scientific brand expert while facilitating the development of, execution of, or driving support for scientific/educational strategies and tactics such as clinical and disease area publications, advisory boards, slide libraries, advocacy development, review of product advertising and promotional materials, and professional/continuing education programs. The position will also provide support and training to field based personnel such as Medical Science Liaisons and will work closely with Medical Affairs, Clinical and Global Brand Management colleagues in Sweden. This position reports directly to the Commercial Director, North America with informal reporting to the Scientific Communication Director based in Sweden.
· Generate, interpret, and disseminate medical/product information through the following processes:o Analyze published and unpublished data to draft standard and customized responses for customers.o Review, revise and maintain a computerized database of responses.o Communicate directly with healthcare professionals, consumers and affiliates to respond to inquiries.· Develop relationships with key customer and internal organizations including global marketing, sales, clinical and medical affairs· Review promotional and sales training material for medical and scientific accuracy and appropriateness. Act as a resource for the design and development of materials.· Train medical and sales personnel.· Develop medical slide decks and dossiers for use by formulary decision-makers and thought leaders.· Train and develop colleagues such as Call Center staff and Medical Science Liaisons· Present medical and product information to managed care organizations.· Collaborate with Clinical, Marketing, and Regulatory in the development and execution of tactical plans for scientific congresses.· Provide training and support to the commercial organization related to clinical aspects of disease areas of interest and ensure high quality scientific and core message integrity· Implement and coordinate Investigator Initiated Studies in support of product positioning, exploratory research on company products and basic research on disease processes, includingreview of protocols and draft publication manuscripts.· Develop and execute strategy for supporting CME programs that are in line with overall company strategic focus.· Ensure highest level of satisfaction for physicians and their patients.· Participate in the evaluation of new business opportunities.Innovex offers a friendly, progressive work atmosphere and a comprehensive benefits package including; car allowance, medical, dental, life insurance and vision coverage, tuition assistance, bonus plan and 401(k).
We look forward to the prospect of working with you! Please apply on-line at: www.quintiles.comEOE
Experience and Knowledge
- MD, PhD or PharmD
- Oncology training and/or experience highly desirable
- 4-7 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, including medical education programs, publication planning, clinical trials and commercial organization support
- Direct involvement in support of currently marketed pharmaceutical or biotechnology products
- Experience coordinating or chairing advisory boards, KOL advocacy development, speaker training, publication planning, sales force medical education, etc.
- Experience with medical education programs such as congress and symposia programming, curriculum development meetings, interactive CME, spin-off materials, CME supplements, grand rounds, and CME speakers' bureaus.
- Extensive writing and content development experience
- Patient focus and business acumen required
- Willing to travel extensively
- Global experience a plusShould Know:
- ICMJE (International Committee of Medical Journal Editors) guidance/general publication practices
- Current ACCME guidelines
- PhRMA Code
- Knowledge of regulatory guidance regarding marketing/sales promotional materials
Primary Location: USA-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Other Locations: United States
Organization: USA03 - US Commercialization