This job post is from the AMDIS website:
Dearborn Advisors, LLC is a healthcare professional services firm that partners with healthcare organizations to maximize return on advanced clinical information technology investments. Our mission is to add value to our clients by establishing a unique leadership position in clinical systems strategy, deployment and clinician adoption by providing advisory services that measurably enhance our clients’ performance.
Dearborn was founded in 2002 in response to problems of physician adoption of information technology. The firm has since grown and expanded services to address the continuum of needs throughout the lifecycle of clinical systems planning, deployment and adoption. We are an industry-leading professional services firm focused on Clinician Adoption, including CPOE, Clinical Information Systems, Healthcare IT Strategy and Project/Program Management. Our clients include major tertiary, academic, community and multi-facility healthcare providers across the US. Our website is www.dearbornadvisors.com.
Dearborn has an immediate career opportunity for a physician experienced in client engagements representing a wide array of activities including strategy, planning, physician governance, process redesign, clinical content development, and communications and training strategies. We are looking for a board-certified physician with significant consulting and clinical information system strategy and implementation experience. Managerial experience is also a plus. The successful individual will play a valuable role in client activities related to Dearborn Advisors’ focus on clinician adoption of advanced clinical systems. This position reports to our Chief Medical Officer.
The Physician Consultant will be responsible for providing consulting and advisory services to existing clients as well as participation in the development of new clients for Dearborn Advisors. The consultant position will be strategic, operational and educational in terms of delivery in multiple areas for the client. These will include:
* Physician and clinician adoption
* Process redesign and transformation
* Physician benefits modeling
* Clinical content enablement
* Planning and assessment strategies
* Approaches to physician training and education
The Dearborn Clinician Adoption Methodology (CAM©) consists of tools, databases and methodologies developed through research and industry experience. The Physician Consultant will be expected to use the CAM© tools and methodologies effectively while utilizing his or her own experience in the design and implementation of advanced clinical applications/information systems to provide value to Dearborn clients.
The Physician Consultant will improve quality and safety standards by working with physicians and other clinicians, IT staff, and other healthcare delivery and support personnel. The Consultant must represent Dearborn Advisors with integrity, honesty and knowledge in his/her areas of direct responsibility.
* Support projects ranging from short-term readiness assessments to longer-term Clinician Adoption engagements, as these will primarily focus on involvement in physician-based strategy and engagement activities
* Provide leadership in planning, development and preparation of strategic and tactical clinical information systems and adoption at the client site
* Be knowledgeable of approaches to the Clinician Adoption Methodology©
* Ensure the highest-quality engagement delivery in a timely manner. This includes responsibilities for helping to monitor the quality of client deliverables
* Work at the client site and interact with project staff, project management, executive management, physician leadership and the medical staff, gaining support and consensus from physicians during the engagement
* Be integrally involved with the strategy, planning and set up of physician governance structures in response to advanced clinical systems needs
* Analyze client environments and identify how technology can promote change that enhances care quality and efficiency through improved physician-focused processes, workflows and clinical content
* Participate as needed in multidisciplinary design or clinical content/order set teams.
* Identify additional opportunities for key components of clinician adoption
* Act as a physician advocate while balancing the needs of the organization and identifying amenable solutions for both
* Communicate effectively with clients at all levels, including senior leadership
* Work as needed with Field Operations executives to expand client opportunities including support of marketing and sales efforts
* Provide lessons learned to support development of Dearborn's clinician adoption practice within and beyond the current Clinician Adoption Methodology©
* Contribute to the ongoing enhancement, definition, delivery and training of Dearborn’s service lines and clinician adoption services
* Work collaboratively with other Physician Consultants and Field Operations staff
* Experience in delivering healthcare services and solutions in a hospital, healthcare IT vendor or professional services environment is required
* Five + years industry experience in working with a variety of disciplines, physicians, nurses, C-level executives and others in the definition, refinement, design, development and delivery of business and/or technical solutions surrounding the implementation of advanced clinical applications/information systems
* Demonstrated interaction with C-Level executives with experience presenting to executives and medical staff leadership
* Specific experience with physician adoption including CPOE, Clinical Documentation and Clinical Decision Support applications as well as the process redesign around such applications
* Familiarity with advanced clinical information systems and trends in the vendor marketspace concerning such solutions.
* Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to analyze complex problems and situations and develop specific recommendations
* Strong work ethic, high energy and enthusiasm
* Ability to educate and mentor physicians
* Ability to deliver projects on time
* Self-assured and assertive within the context of collaborative team strategies
* Intermediate to advanced expertise with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
* MD or DO degree required
* Board certification preferred
* Advanced informatics training or degree is a significant plus
Relocation is not required however individuals must be able to travel up 4 days a week.
Please forward your current resume to Laura Vallone at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dearborn Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.