There are unique acronyms in every industry. The health information technology (Health IT, HIT, HITECH) industry is full of strange and convoluted acronyms. The world of certified medical education also has its share of acronyms and I wish to outline a few here.
- CCMEP: Certified CME Professional. It seems like everyone wants to have some level of certification. Who provides this certification?
- NC-CME: National Commission for Certification of CME Professionals, Inc.
- CME: Continuing Medical Education
- CNE: Continuing Nursing Education
- CPE: Continuing Pharmacy Education or Continuing Professional Education
- CPD: Continuing Professional Development
- CPPD: Continuing Physician Professional Development or Continuing Pharmacy Professional Development
- CE: Continuing Education