Western Institutional Review Board® (WIRB) is currently searching for a dedicated medical professional to join their mission of protecting human research subjects as a Board Chair in our Puyallup, WA location.
Provide the highest possible support to WIRB’s ethical review and research safety programs in areas and issues requiring medical training and judgment. This most commonly involves the Institutional Review Board, and may also include providing medical advice to biosafety committees. This is a full-time position.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Chair Board meetings to ensure compliance with federal and state laws as well as WIRB policies and procedures, and facilitate discussion from Board Members. Provide scientific, ethical and regulatory support and advice to Board members
- Analyze and present protocols and other agenda items at Board meetings to facilitate informed decision making. Set standards and role model effective presentation and discussion for all Board members.
- Analyze research submissions, identify problems and issues, collect additional information or request corrections, and draft memoranda.
- Research, draft, and present reports to the Board on a wide range of topics, including but not limited to, investigator misconduct, site visits, FDA and sponsor audits of investigators and others, issues involving human subjects, sponsors, and institutions.
- Advise clients of applicable scientific information and regulations pertaining to human subject research, both orally and in writing.
- Analyze requests for exemption determinations and provide formal written opinions that proposed projects are exempt from the requirements for IRB review or do not require IRB review.
- Provide guidance to clients to help resolve scientific, ethical and regulatory issues and difficulties.
- Review literature and other materials to keep abreast of developments in the regulatory, legal, and ethical arenas.
Educational Qualifications:Qualifications/Experience Requirements:
- MD or DO
- Able to Chair Board meeting. Can effectively present information to a diverse group of professionals
- Experience in clinical research, IRB, and/or similar medical ethics practices experience strongly desired
- Six or more years of related clinical experience and/or training, preferred
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Windows.
Apply for this opportunity here.
WIRB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, females, veterans and members with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more than 45 years, Western Institutional Review Board® (WIRB) has been at the forefront of protecting the rights and welfare of human subjects during all phases of clinical trials. Recognized as the gold standard of human subject protection, WIRB is the trusted partner to over 1,000 institutions in the United States alone, ranging from small community hospitals and research sites to large academic medical centers and universities. Our distinguished staff of full-time physicians, Certified IRB Professionals, lawyers, and research professionals delivers unparalleled review quality to ensure that human research studies withstand scrutiny around the world.