The Physician Rotational Program at Humana is a groundbreaking opportunity unlike any other. It’s a two-year program that’s part of the chief medical officer’s office. You’ll receive high-level company exposure throughout your first year, followed by deep operational responsibilities in various lines of business the second year. You will be immersed in market-based, core experiences where you’ll have the opportunity to develop innovative solutions to problems you really care about.
The Physician Rotational Program is a two-year commitment. It’s designed to give you a comprehensive and detailed understanding of our company. During the first year, you’ll spend your time immersed in key teams throughout Humana, which will give you a high-level overview of our organization. The second year focuses on the details at the core of our business, with time set aside for you to explore the specific area you find most interesting.
- Mentoring by top company executives with open-door access companywide, up to and including the CEO
- Development of capabilities in key business areas including strategy, governance, population health improvement, consumer-centered design, financial structures, value-based care, data and analytics, government relations and others
- Clinical-level pay with a flexible work style
- The chance to work on projects with both clinical and non-clinical focus
- The opportunity to continue your clinical practice, if desired
- The chance to be part of a peer network of physician leaders