The Certificate in Advanced Management Training for Clinician Leaders is designed for clinicians in integrated health systems with interests in deepening their managerial skills and competencies. Specific features of this design include:
- The curriculum focuses on the management of complex, integrated health systems, including the expanded role of physicians as providers, managers and leaders in those systems.
- Program faculty are actively involved in applied research with health systems, with a focus on integrated health system performance.
- The on-campus sessions invite alumni and other expert speakers to participate with students in symposia and other learning events.
- Students complete the certificate in 12 months.
- The program is designed to minimize interference with work and family: most of the coursework is online and asynchronous; students spend only seven days on campus over 12 months.
- The program builds on the practical application of learning to the participant’s organization.
- The program is based on a learning cohort model in which all students start the certificate together and progress through the same curriculum, providing myriad opportunities for students to learn and work together.