Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. (New York, New York)
Oppenheimer & Co. Inc., a leading mid-tier investment bank, is currently seeking an equity research associate to support our Medical Devices team. The position is located in New York City.
The research associate will work in conjunction with and support the lead analyst and another research associate on the team on all aspects of developing and marketing equity research products, including research reports, models, and industry analysis. The position demands independence, initiative, and entrepreneurship.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in accounting. In addition, qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate that they are detailed-oriented, possess an ability to write clearly and concisely, and are proficient in financial modeling. Someone with equity research experience and/or a medical background is strongly preferred.
In addition to the above, we look for people who possess, or have the potential to possess, the following characteristics:
- Strong writing and analytical skills. Associates are responsible for writing and producing equity research reports, company initiations, and marketing presentations"often under tight time constraints;
- Strong financial modeling, accounting, valuation, and quantitative skills. Associates are responsible for building and maintaining integrated I/S, B/S, and C/F models and for organizing and maintaining industry data. Attention to detail is critical;
- A passion for the stock market, and equity research. It is highly advantageous to have exposure to the financial markets and equity research, as well as the day-to-day responsibilities of an equity research associate;
- Strong sales and communication skills. As time progresses, associates will interact with internal sales and trading and external clients. Responsiveness and professionalism is important;
- Ability to work independently and initiate and accomplish projects with minimal supervision. Aggressive self-starters with a strong work ethic are desirable;
- PC skills: the position requires strong Excel skills and a fair command of Word, PowerPoint, Bloomberg and Factset.