The role of the physician advisor is evolving today. The physician advisor is not just participating in utilization review or a coding expert. They're not just concerned about RAC audits or being an appeals expert for denied Medicare claims.
You may want to know about this group called the National Association of Physician Advisors. The National Association of Physician Advisors was created in 2009 based on the need that physician advisors needed a central way to network and community.
World Congress is also planning the 10th Annual Physician Advisor Summit March 21-23 in Orlando, FL. The 2013 conference will focus on:
- How to start a physician advisor program in your hospital
- Newest updates on coding, documentation and reimbursement to keep you on top of new regulations
- Review various types of physician advisor jobs and see how that compares with your hospital
- What new and exciting responsibilities can physician advisors get involved in to help benefit the hospital
- How can physician advisors work closer with observation unit leadership