Masters in Biotechnology Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
This new master's program is intended for biotechnology professionals who seek a career beyond the laboratory either within an existing biotechnology group or organization or for those who seek to start a new biotechnology enterprise. The curriculum is designed to prepare the next generation of interdisciplinary professionals to address the enterprise and regulatory challenges organizations face in the biotechnology industry.
The entire degree can be completed online or a combination of online and on-site.
Graduates will be able to:
- Formulate strategies that reflect the interdisciplinary nature of the biotechnology industry in the areas of science, regulation and enterprise.
- Develop and carry out appropriate leadership strategies to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Create financial and funding strategies for success under various economic situations.
- Demonstrate principles of human interrelationships to research, design and development activities, with emphasis upon principles of communication;
- Have a working knowledge of the various steps in the development of a biotechnology derived product: from its inception as intellectual property, to scale-up, to the final product.
- Create marketing strategies that achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Formulate product launch strategies in the US and internationally that reflect changes in the regulation of the product approval and marketing process.
- Solve organizational problems arising from a legal and technology framework.
- Identify, evaluate and assess risks and payoffs in monetary and non-monetary terms.
Learn more about this program here.