Senior Medical Editor
Washington , DC 20036
Reports to: Director of Professional Services
Based at: Washington DC
Ensure the publication of MDLinx website and newsletters according to daily schedule and quality guidelines. Plan and manage editorial activities relating to the review and creation of peer-reviewed journal article summaries, and learning activities, across multiple medical specialties. Manage international editorial staff.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Guide editorial team and medical writers to select and develop content for clinical practitioner audience.
2. Review article summaries for clinical relevance and accuracy
3. Manage and monitor work flow from editorial team
4. Maintain and develop journal database
5. Support communication with members
6. Track article statistics and provide insight into member activity
7. Provide medical knowledge support to sales, marketing and market research teams as needed
8. Additional responsibilities as assigned
• General medical knowledge appropriate to understand value of key medical findings as published in peer reviewed medical journals in multiple specialties
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with medical publishing
• Familiarity with medical conditions and provider services
• Ability to work with web technologies (basic understanding of HTML, navigate RSS, use of search tools)
• Ability to work with spreadsheets, powerpoint, word documents
• Basic project management skills
Compensation and benefits
• Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications, and competitive benefits package offered.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org