As we enter the New Year, I can't believe how quickly 2011 went by. Now that we're into January, I think about my personal and professional goals that I'd like to puruse in the New Year. Here's a short list of 10 goals where 5 are personal and 5 are professional.
Here are 5 of my personal goals for 2012:
1. Spend more time doing fun and recreational things my family
2. Strengthen my skills in a second language (Rosetta Stone, here I come!)
3. Get more sleep at night
4. Read more books (since I have the Kindle app running on several mobile devices)
5. Exercise more regularly and use a digital self-tracking device (like the Fitbit)
Here are 5 of my professional goals for 2012:
1. Explore ways to diversify my business pursuits
2. Complete another 1/3 of my MBA courses
3. Gain more experience related to government contracting or sub-contracting
4. Expand my professional network by 20% on LinkedIn and Facebook (are we connected yet?)
5. Travel less for business-related purposes
How about you? What types of goals have you set for the New Year?