Biomedical Terminology Specialist
Boston, MA 02135
An innovative, VC backed startup with offices in Boston, MA is looking for a biomedical terminology specialist who is passionate about using information technology to improve the quality, safety and efficiency of the health care system.
The environment is fast paced and innovative. We are looking for smart, innovative employees who will take ownership of their responsibilities, work collaboratively and always look for ways to add to the personal and professional growth of the company and their peers.
Our ideal candidate will combine practical terminology development and maintenance experience with an understanding of the management of healthcare data and data quality. For the current opening we are particularly interested in experience with Health Language Inc. products. This work requires an understanding of biomedical terminologies, use of metadata, knowledge representation and other basics of medical informatics.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead terminology modeling and mapping projects
• Participate in the definition of Humedica standard terminologies
• Operate advanced terminology development tools that Humedica adopts and/or builds
• Participate in the implementation and use of clinical data quality systems and processes
• Work closely with clinical data analysts, system developers and project management
Required Experience and Skills
• Masters degree in a computer science, medical informatics, or health information management discipline
• Minimum of 2 years of biomedical controlled vocabularies and coding systems experience
• Experience with relational databases and SQL
• Ability to define requirements, develop project plans and report conclusions
• Ability to work creatively and flexibly, both independently and as part of a team
• Competence with PCs and Windows Office applications
• Desire and ability to learn new skills, systems and processes
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Experience working directly with software development professionals
Additional Desirable Experience and Skills
• Experience in healthcare information systems development
• Experience with vocabulary browsers and authoring tools
Humedica is an early stage health analytics company. Our mission is to use technology, analytics and information to save lives and improve the quality of care by developing and delivering the next generation of clinical informatics and analytic systems. By focusing on the power of data, we hope to support clinicians in getting useful, timely, well-organized insights that improve the health of our patients and the community as a whole.
Our founding team has a deep understanding of the target market and a successful track record in building and growing successful companies, creating value and liquidity. We are backed by three of the most respected local venture capital firms with significant capital resources devoted in the short and long term to our mission.
Our compensation plans are highly competitive including, salary, performance bonuses, stock options and comprehensive benefits.
Our culture is intellectually rigorous, focused on solving daunting analytical and technical challenges while supporting employees to maintain a healthy balance of hard work and fun. We pride ourselves on the quality of our employees, the importance of our mission and the clients we serve.
Please send a resume and cover letter/email to email@example.com