HIMSS11 Annual Conference & Exhibition, February 20-24, in Orlando, Florida.
If you’re a physician, make sure you don’t miss the Physician Executive Forum: In Pursuit of Meaningful Use of Health IT. Hosted by C. Martin Harris, MD, MBA, FHIMSS, HIMSS Board Chairman and CIO of the Cleveland Clinic, the Forum offers key strategies to equip you and your staff for success.
Here are some more details (and some reasons why you may want to attend HIMSS 2011):
Meaningful use. Eligible hospitals. Eligible professionals. These are terms that you, as a physician executive, are aware of and need to fully understand. No matter your level of exposure to meaningful use, you realize it’s crucial to your health facilities’ future. The reality is that whether you are a physician leader in a hospital or an ambulatory environment, the implications of meaningful use will have a tremendous impact on how you deliver care and conduct your business.
HIMSS recognizes that you need insight into the issues and what they mean for you as a physician executive. We recognize that you want solutions for optimally adapting and responding to these changes to continue to be successful, while still doing what you and your medical team do best—delivering unsurpassed patient care. That is why we are holding our first-ever Physician Executive Forum at HIMSS11.
This event is unlike any other of its kind. The Physician Executive Forum is an exclusive gathering of medical executives from enterprise and ambulatory settings who have responsibility for ensuring that their organizations respond to current changes in the field, like meaningful use, and anticipate the next period of dynamic change such as the conversion to ICD-10.
Highlights of the HIMSS Physician Executive Forum include:
* Pre-conference Physician IT Symposium: Successes and Scars in Achieving Meaningful Use
* Dynamic education sessions featuring over 55 physicians on:
o ARRA/Meaningful Use Track
o Physician Executive-Focused Topics Across Multiple Tracks
* Physician Panel of Nicholas E. Davies, MD Award of Excellence Winners, recognized for their excellence in the implementation and value from health information technology, specifically EHRs
* Exclusive guided tours of exhibit floor pavilions, including the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase, RFID, Innovations, and others
* New! Physician poster sessions reviewed and approved by the HIMSS Physician Community Leadership Committee
* Sponsored lunches and networking opportunities
* VIP session led by C. Martin Harris, MD, MBA, FHIMSS
- 29,000+ healthcare and IT professionals
- 300+ educational opportunities for continuing education credit
- 900+ companies on the exhibit floor