In ACPE's Essentials of Health Law course you'll learn to think like a lawyer. Help keep your organization out of the courtroom. This course will give you a basic understanding of laws pertaining to health care organizations. You'll discuss the hot legal issues of today—privacy, managed care contracting, patient rights, peer review protection-and how they apply to your organization. Highlights include:
* Avoiding antitrust violations.
* Deciphering Stark Legislation.
* Integrating HIPAA rules in your organization.
* Frequently asked questions about managed care organizations.
* Tips for dealing with disruptive practitioners.
* Practitioner health issues.
* Key elements for physician employment contracts
The next session begins Friday, Oct. 22. Click here to register or learn more.
(This course is required to become a Certified Physician Executive.)