Here's a job post that may be of interest to you. Even though you may not have any direct patient care in this role as a physician advisor, you'll still need an active medical license as you practice "administrative medicine" instead of clinical medicine.
Job #: 1122269
Franklin Square Hospital Center
Franklin Square Hospital Center, the third-largest hospital in Maryland and part of MedStar Health, can elevate your career to a new level of caring, compassion and clinical excellence.
Were progressive, patient focused and growing: just take a look at the progress on our new, 7-story Patient Care Tower. Opening this Fall, this state-of-the art facility will provide even more opportunities for team members to enhance their dedication and talents. We now have an opening for a:
Mon- Fri / 9:00-5:30
Works closely with the Care Management department to assure cost effective, quality treatment of all patients. Acts as liaison between physicians, payers, hospital administration, and the case management department. Provides ongoing education, both formal and informal, for the purpose of affordable quality care.
- MD Licensure
- Medical Terminology
- Licensed physician
- Clinical practice with understanding of Utilization Review
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience with Hospital Information Systems and database software
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of hospital staff, physician peers, managed care entities, external regulatory agencies and QM/U&M staff in a verbal and written manner
- Demonstrated ability to be organized and efficient in prioritizing and managing assignments within minimal oversight and direction
Franklin Square offers highly competitive salaries and benefits.
Click here for more information.