Corporate Medical Director, Cisco Systems
Reporting to the Worldwide Benefits Leader, and working closely with the Senior VP of HR and other key executives, the Corporate Medical Director at Cisco Systems will be responsible for a variety of health and wellness issues including global health strategy and policy, employee health engagement and resiliency, onsite clinic oversight, Cisco’s telemedicine technology strategy, and employee and family advocacy in times of need.
• Providing leadership on Cisco’s global health and wellness strategy and translation of strategy into operational execution and return of investment.
• Developing personalized and relevant, leading edge strategies to increase employee engagement in their health and life balance in order to build a resilient and productive workforce for today and the future that impacts the business.
• Provide strategic leadership for Cisco’s onsite LifeConnections Health Clinic which includes oversight of the third-party vendor(s) to ensure qualified physician staffing, clinical aptitude, operational effectiveness, and patient satisfaction.
• Partnering with Cisco HR and HealthCare leaders in progressive thinking in the evaluation of evidence-based metrics that optimizes Cisco spending in healthcare along with desired quality and clinical outcomes.
• Acting as a patient advocate for Cisco employees and family members in times of crisis, care management, and in navigating the medical system to access the best possible care.
• Collaborating with internal and external partners in evaluating innovative health technology innovative solutions that provide value to Cisco employees.
• Focusing on internal workplace disability, return to work strategies and pandemic preparedness.
• Representing Cisco in executive briefing meetings with customers as well as external councils that share information and strategize on global health risk prevention.
• Identifying, managing and mitigating fundamental occupational medicine issues at the workplace
Qualifications & Experience
Minimum Preferred Experience 10 to 15 years
Cisco is a results oriented company with a strong bias to action. The successful candidate will have begun his/her career in the acquisition of pedigreed medical skills, not only from an educational standpoint, but also in the practice and delivery of care. He/She will have worked in an environment where the healthcare needs of individuals and the enterprise requirements of business have mixed. This may have occurred as managed care or occupational medicine Medical Director, a Chief Medical Officer of a delivery system or in an actuarial or consulting environment.
In each of these environments, the physician will have come to understand the common thread of the coexistence of healthcare services and business objectives, and understand their relationship one with the other. More than this, the Corporate Medical Director will have demonstrated the ability to lead in this environment and use the enterprise as a platform for healthcare advancement. It is expected that this constellation of attributes, excellent practice of medicine, knowledge of the enterprise, ability to advocate for patients and new ideas, as well as excellent presentation skills and advocacy will come together in the successful candidate.
A Medical Degree with post graduate training and Board Certification in Occupational Medicine and/or in Internal Medicine, Family Practice. An advanced degree in business or public health is desirable.
• Balanced ego that allows for personal initiative and being a self-starter, yet allows participation and integration as a member of a cohesive team.
• Visionary with a broad perspective on health care delivery and ability to translate the vision to strategy and execution.
• Personal and professional integrity of the highest order.
• High energy and personal presence as a component of leadership ability.
• Effective consensus building and negotiation skills.
• Superior intellect, with the ability to think critically and make clear well-reasoned decisions.
• Excellent communicator, both written and oral for multiple audiences.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to manage multiple constituencies.
Cisco Systems, Inc. is the worldwide leader in networking for the Internet. Today, networks are an essential part of business, education, government and home communications, and Cisco's Internet Protocol-based (IP) networking solutions are the foundation of these networks.
Cisco was founded in 1984 by a small group of computer scientists from Stanford University. Since the Company's inception, Cisco engineers have been leaders in the development of IP-based networking technologies. Today, with more than 65,000 employees worldwide, this tradition of innovation continues with industry-leading products and solutions in the Company's core development areas of routing and switching, as well as in advanced technologies such as IP Communications, Wireless LAN, Home Networking, Application Networking Services, Network Security, Storage Area Networking, and Video Systems.
Cisco has been at the heart of many historic changes in technology, and that continues to be true today. Now, at a time when the technology industry is going through a period of dramatic change, Cisco is the market leader in multiple areas, such as routing and switching, unified communications, wireless and security. The Company helped catalyze the industry's move toward IP and, now that it is fully underway, the Company is at the center of fundamental changes in the way the world communicates.
Based in San Jose, California, Cisco reported revenues in 2009 of $36 billion.
More information about the Company can be found on its website at http://www.cisco.com
To apply for this position, send your CV and cover letter to:
Cisco Systems, Inc.