Ethical Challenges explores many facets of the controversial and problematic ethical concerns facing health care today. Among the topics you'll examine:
- Building ethics into your organization's organizational culture, especially its policies and procedures.
- Preventing and managing ethical conflicts at the bedside.
- Responsibly managing your organization's resources.
- Responding to patients' refusals of needed medical interventions.
- Setting ethically justified limits on individual and organizational self-sacrifice.
- Invoking futility to set ethically justified limits on end-of-life care.
- Putting your institution to the test: gauging its commitment to ethics.
Participant Comment: "I learned so much in this course from our facilitator and from fellow students. It really has changed my perspective in what I do daily with regards to patient care and administrative duties."