Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA) Boston: Up in the Air: Techniques for Making the Most of a Career Transition
Sep 28, 2010 5:30PM - Sep 28, 2010 9:00PM
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Event Type: Boston
Category: Women in Transition (WIT)
The state of the economy has impacted every level of healthcare. With the current business environment many highly successful and tenured professionals find themselves either worrying about the longevity of their current role or working diligently to find the next opportunity where their skills and contributions will be recognized and rewarded. Whether by choice or as the result of a downsizing you will likely be presented with a transition during your career.
This evening session will focus on career transition and is applicable to those who are happily working, in career transition or thinking of exploring a future career or employer change. It will include a panel discussion with an experienced human resource professional, business communications consultant, and transitioned healthcare sales professional. Discussion will focus not only on taking charge of your career transition with strong communication skills and awareness of the HR process, but also on preparing for an anticipated change and working through a forced transition. Participants will have a chance to rotate through group breakouts with more time spent on topics of particular interest to them.
1. Identify best practices with professional communications at all levels (one-on-one interviews to large group presentations).
2. Learn the ins and outs of the human resources hiring process, what strengths are looked for by employers and how to avoid the pitfalls of the interview maze.
3. Increase awareness of how to deal with your own career transition or respond to that of a spouse, peer or mentor.
4. Understand the importance of preparation with respect to career moves: be proactive, and make a plan for transition by choice or a transition initiated by an employer.
5. Recognize today’s business climate and determine skills necessary to be successful, challenged and rewarded by your current position and the one that lies ahead.
5:30 – 6:00 PM Registration/Networking
6:00 – 6:15 PM Welcome/Opening Remarks
6:15 – 6:45 PM Panel Discussion
6:45 – 7:45 PM Group Breakout Sessions
7:45 – 8:00 PM Closing Remarks
8:00 – 9:00 PM Networking/Dessert
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Event is open to both HBA members and nonmembers
Onsite registration allowed, online registration will remain open through the program date
Space is limited to the first 300 registrants
The Boston Park Plaza Hotel
50 Park Plaza
Boston, MA 02116
Click here to register.