If you don't have a strong presence on the Internet, here are some things you can do to establish your personal brand online:
- Create a blog. Demonstrate your expertise, but don't abandon your blog once you start it. Potential employers may think that you lack commitment if you start a blog and then abandon it after 2 months.
- Create a profile on LinkedIn. My profile can be found here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/DrJosephKim
- Consider participating in other social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter.
- Publish articles or blog posts on different websites. Many bloggers (including me) will allow others to publish "guest blog posts."
- Create your personal website and get your own domain. Consider this a one-page CV or resume. Or, you may wish to highlight some of your major accomplishments. You can view my personal site (that mainly focuses on my blogs) here: http://www.DrJosephKim.com