Student Plan of Action:
- Assess your professional strengths and create a plan to build knowledge, skills, and networks.
- Select an MIT course that will offer you current knowledge in your field or establish expertise in a new field.
- Make full use of a world-renowned learning community through educational and networking opportunities in seminars, conferences, and lectures.
- Put new knowledge to work through an internship or research opportunity aligned with your career goals.
- Construct a strategic job search plan that is tailored to your interests, abilities, and job market opportunities.
- Develop a team of peers and mentors within the Career Reengineering Program and MIT to support your career aspirations.
- Focus on personal development as a long-term, career-enhancement strategy.
Here are some examples of student profiles:
- Sunita... Stepping from academics into pharmaceuticals
- Charles ...Catching up with nanotechnology
- John...Launching a high-tech start-up
- Ken...Learning state-of-the-art portfolio management
- Ramon... Translating technical skills into economic development