Here are some interesting points from one HBR blog post:
- The most surprising finding was that unequal pay starts with first jobs.
- Women, it turns out, were far more likely than men to leave their first job because of a bad manager. In fact, as many women were leaving because of their manager as were leaving because of other opportunities.
- Why are we focusing on the negatives associated with the gender-salary gap?
- In 2010, the US labor force was majority female.
- 26% of wives out-earn their husbands
- More women than men are starting American companies
- Women earn 6 in 10 bachelor's and master's degrees