This is a guest post by Arlen Meyers, MD, MBA
10 Reasons to rethink leaving medicine to be an investment banker
1. You will no longer be paid for effort rather than results
2. You will no longer be able to rely on a steady pay check
3. You will have to get a FINRA license to do deals and sell securities
4. You will not be valued just because you have MD after your name
5. You will eat a lot more breakfast,lunch and dinner and probably gain weight
6. Your dog will bark at you when you get home late
7. You will be the only one wearing a tie at member firm meetings
8. You will substitute one boss for another
9. You have to take continuing education courses to be relicensed (not so in 2 states for doctors)
10. Every email you send to a client will be saved for 3 years.
Hope you enjoyed clinic today.
This is a guest post by Arlen Meyers, MD, MBA; Professor of Otolarynogology, Dentistry, & Engineering, University of Colorado; Founder of the Society of Physician Entrepreneurs.