Here's a job post on Monster.com that might be of interest to internal medicine or family medicine physicians who wish to enter the pharmaceutical industry:
- Medical Director, Clinical
- Identify, assess and appropriately manage safety signals Phase 1- Phase 4.
- Review safety reports and safety sections for labels. Possess familiarity with biostatistics and computer data processing techniques. Must have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, self motivation, integrity, ethics and a solid commitment to drug safety.
- Review and evaluate serious event reports
- Communicate safety assessments
- Medical review for safety sections of protocols, study reports, labels and investigator brochures.
- Work with Quality Assurance, Document Management, Clinical teams, Legal,and Regulatory Affairs
- Associate Director- 1 to 3 years of clinical experience within a private practice or academic medical setting.
- Medical Director- 2 years of drug safety experience:
- Senior Medical Director requires 5 years.
- MD/DO board certified in internal medicine or family medicine is preferred.
- Clinical pharmacology or clinical trial experience is also preferred.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical and Vision
- Delta Dental
- 401K with Company Match
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Relocation Assistance