Accenture's Health & Public Service operating group seeking Physicians with backgrounds in Informatics. The Physician Informaticist provides the essential interface between information technology and clinical care processes. The Physician Informaticist must help lead Accenture's Provider Clinical Solutions Practice and our client teams in the following areas:To view this job post on LinkedIn, join "The Medical Informatics Physician" group on LinkedIn and visit the "Jobs" tab.
Work with Accenture team and clients to:
- The role of Healthcare IT (HIT) in improving quality, safety, and efficiency of healthcare delivery.
- Design and implementation of clinical HIT systems.
- The use of HIT systems as part of an overall health information exchange.
- Additionally, the Physician Informaticist must play the following roles on client projects:
- Act as the translator between physicians, clinicians and IS across the continuum of care.
- Promote HIT system usability, process improvement, change management and ensure that clinicians are engaged in the entire consulting process.
- Provide clinical consulting direction as to the design and implementation of the clinical systems.
- Create the clinician change champion strategy for the clinical community in partnership with medical staff leaders to ensure value realization with technology investments.
- Educate, involve, and support physicians and other users of clinical information systems.
- Demonstrate Accenture core values of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual, and Integrity.
- Understand and import best practices in clinical informatics from other organizations.
- develop and recommend a clinical informatics strategy and specific tactics that support the clients' vision.
- lead development of information technology roadmap's and tactics that support the clients' vision.
- ensure that clinicians are effectively involved in all IT related decisions which impact clinical processes.
- create and manage a physician technology adoption program to ensure high adoption rates of clinical applications.
- collaborate with medical staff leaders to bring standard, evidence based order sets in support of CPOE.
- lead efforts to constrain medical vocabulary and align with national standards for the regional clinical applications
Ability to travel 100%
M.D. degree. A degree in Informatics is preferred but not required.
5 years clinical experience
5 years leadership or consulting experience
5 years experience with one or more of the following advanced clinical system applications: Computerized Physician Order Entry, Physician documentation, clinical decision support.
Preferred Skill Requirements:
Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
Desire to work in an information systems environment
Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Excellent leadership and management skills
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Accenture is looking for a Physician Informaticist
According to a job post discussion on LinkedIn, Accenture (Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company) is looking for a Physician Informaticist. As many consulting jobs, this one probably requires close to 100% travel. Here's the scoop (from the LinkedIn job post):