Today, I'll focus on two main areas: EHRs/EMRs and PHRs.
Electronic Health / Medical Records (EHR/EMR)
- Consulted for physicians to help them select and implement an EHR in their practice.
- Guided the selection process including EHR software and hardware requirements.
- Outlined modifications to improve clinical workflow efficiencies around the use of an EHR.
- Developed templates and tools to help office staff improve EHR utilization efficiency.
- Implemented and upgraded EHR software in small medical practices.
- Made recommendations about modifying computer hardware configurations for different EHR solutions based on the needs of the practice.
- Participated in hospital committees involved in making inpatient decisions as the hospital transitioned from paper charts to electronic records and computerized physician order entry (CPOE).
- Incorporated health risk assessment (HRA) information to an individual's PHR to risk-stratify individual patients for specific conditions.
- Utilized the PHR information to drive health portal customization and educational consumer health information.
- Developed computer-based disease management programs that were customized and tailored based on specific PHR data fields.
- Integrated the use of a PHR to tailor electronic reminder messages about specific disease conditions.
- Automated how PHRs are updated based on electronic health claims information from major insurance companies.
- Developed an incentive program for individuals who were regularly updating their PHR data and actively engaging in health education and disease management.