This is a full time management leadership position; the expectation is that the incumbent will not be practicing medicine or maintaining a clinical practice.This is clearly a non-clinical job position:
Medical Director, Inpatient Informatics
The Medical Director, Inpatient Informatics will be a leader in the creation of the “ideal patient experience,” by developing, implementing and monitoring systems and processes that ensure the highest quality of care, patient safety and evidence based medical standards are practiced at the Bon Secours Health System and encompass BSHSI’s efforts with regard to ConnectCare and Clinical Transformation.
The Medical Director, Inpatient Informatics will also serve as one of the leaders of Clinical Transformation; a comprehensive inter-disciplinary approach to achieve care delivery excellence throughout the patient care continuum that measurably improves quality, creates holistic, patient centered care experiences, and reduces healthcare costs by reducing waste and optimizing the value proposition. This is done through the effective alignment of people, process and technology that enables and supports rapid cycle tests of innovation leading to creative, effective solutions.
The Medical Director, Inpatient Informatics will have responsibility for critical decisions and strategies including; clinical content development/decision support, physician engagement, workflow analysis, physician training, physician support during go-lives and long-term support post go-lives, utilization of and information garnered from the EMR to drive clinical transformation, work in conjunction with service line leaders, nurses and physicians and serve as the interface between the Local and Enterprise systems.
This is a full time management leadership position; the expectation is that the incumbent will not be practicing medicine or maintaining a clinical practice.
· A degree of Doctor of Medicine (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine may receive consideration) from an accredited and approved school of medicine, Board certified physician, with current state license or unencumbered eligibility (not excluded by the OIG) for licensePreferred Qualifications
· Five (5) years of clinical practice with demonstrated achievement in Inpatient care
· Technologically proficient with a penchant for using technology tools, in the practice of Medicine and patient care as evidenced in the use of electronic medical records and other tools
· Demonstrated dedication to Inpatient Informatics
· Strong analytical skills
· Previous experience working with faith-based, multi-state health systemsFind more information about this job post by searching for the jobs listed under "Physician/Physician Management" here: http://www.bshsi.org/employment/hso-employment/index.htm
· Previous experience in the implementation and/or management of electronic medial records systems
· Epic experience/certification(s)