There's a company out there called Concentra and they have a list of "National Medical Consultants." Who are these people? What do they do? What does it mean to be a medical consultant?
Here's a short snippet from their website:
If you have medical oversight needs, Concentra’s physicians are available to help on a consulting basis. You’ll have access to a wealth of expertise and experience among the physicians who oversee our medical operations. The same physicians who have helped Concentra grow into one of the nation’s leading health care companies.OK, I realize that doesn't provide enough information if you don't know anything about Concentra, so let's take a look at the company. Let's go to the "About Us" section. Here's what it says:
Concentra is a national health care company focused on improving America’s health, one patient at a time. We offer comprehensive services to injured/ill patients and their employers through our nationwide network of medical centers.
- We have more than 300 medical centers in 40 states that provide occupational medicine, urgent care, physical therapy, and wellness services in one location.
- We also operate more than 240 workplace health clinics that provide a range of health and wellness services such as athletic training programs, health screenings, vaccinations, medical advisory services, etc.
- We help employers encourage the health and wellness of their employees through a program called TotalCare, which blends primary, preventive, occupational, and environmental health.
- Our philosophy is that the best approach to addressing the American health care crisis is to balance the well-being of employees with the well-being of employers.
- Concentra provides health care services to more than 30,000 patients each day. We intend to redefine the patient experience by treating individuals with welcoming, respectful, and skillful care.