The Center for Studying Health System Change (HSC) in Washington, D.C., is seeking a Health Research Analyst to participate in research on how the health system is changing and the effects of these changes on health care costs, quality, access and care delivery.
The Health Research Analyst will contribute primarily to qualitative research, although there may be opportunities to participate in quantitative research. The Analyst participates in all phases of the research process, working with researchers to identify research topics, develop analysis plans and interview protocols and conduct literature reviews. The Analyst schedules and participates in respondent interviews, takes notes during interviews and codes interview data. The Analyst also collaborates with other research staff in analyzing findings and drafting written products, including issue briefs and peer-reviewed journal articles. In addition to research responsibilities, the Analyst participates in writing proposals, developing budgets and tracking project costs.
Qualifications for Position
• Master’s degree in economics, public policy, public health, statistics or related discipline with superior academic recordAbout the Center for Studying Health System Change
• At least one year’s experience in a similar setting is preferred
• Background and strong interest in health services and policy research
• Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work efficiently, accurately and independently
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and keen ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others
• Strong computer skills; familiarity with qualitative analysis software a plus
Founded in 1995, the Center for Studying Health System Change (HSC) is a nationally renowned nonpartisan health policy research organization focused on the cost, quality and accessibility of health care in the United States. HSC conducts quantitative research using large national data sets, including surveys of households and physicians, and qualitative research using information gathered in telephone and in-person interviews of public- and private-sector decision makers. We focus on objective, timely and policy-relevant research and disseminate our findings to policy makers, the news media, employers, health care providers, insurers and the public. HSC is funded from diverse sources, including major health care foundations and agencies in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. HSC is affiliated with Mathematica Policy Research, a leader in evaluating the effectiveness of local, state and federal health, human services and educational programs. For more information about HSC, please visit our Web site: http:///www.hschange.org
HSC offers a supportive and collegial working environment, a competitive salary commensurate with your qualifications, and comprehensive benefits.
If you're interested in this opportunity, please contact me.