How well do you understand health systems? We are in the midst of significant changes in the economy, government, and in the healthcare system. Well, if you're interested in learning more about health systems, you may want to listen to these free podcasts produced in partnership with IBM, Healthcare IT News, and Healthcare Finance News. It's called the "Smarter Healthcare Series" and you can listen to these podcasts directly from your computer. Or, if you prefer, you can download the MP3 file and listen to it on your iPod or other MP3 player.
These series will cover the following topics:
- Growing expectations for value from increasingly costly health systems.
- Broad global awareness of quality and patient safety challenges.
- Increasing need for citizens to make better health and wellness choices.
- Emerging approaches to promoting health and delivering care such as e-health and medical tourism.
- Expanding resource challenges.
- Increasing cost sharing among public and private health insurers and individuals.
- Worldwide healthcare reform acceleration fueled by economic stimulus dollars.