Thursday, July 16, 2009
Job Post: Epidemiologist in Brazil
I've been approached by several people who are looking for some international non-clinical opportunities, so I thought I would share this.
Epidemiologist: Brasilia, Brazil
The Epidemiologist will be responsible for providing support services to enhance post-mortem diagnosis and investigation of deaths of unknown causes in Tocantins state.
* Provide Technical Assistance to Field Epidemiology Training Programs Ministry of Health partners in Brazil
* Enhance post-mortem diagnosis and investigation of deaths of unknown causes in Tocantins state.
* Implement International Health Regulations
* Develop appropriate protocols for in-hospital autopsies, transport of bodies, collection/handling/transport of Post-Mortem (PM) sample, shipping and handling.
* Identify and develop list of supplies & equipment for autopsies and PM specimen collection.
* Develop appropriate testing protocols; negotiate specimen flow, testing with reference laboratories.
* Create adequate informatics infrastructure for cataloguing and retrieving specimens; identify & evaluate lab information management systems.
* Build database for PM testing data; periodically analyze findings and disseminate reports & results.
* Develop core curriculum (achieve consensus on instructional goals and learning objectives) identified for IHR reporting training at local, state and federal levels.
* Adaptation of evaluation instruments for measuring IHR response capacity at local, state and federal level.
* Background in Epidemiologist (MD or MPH with significant Epidemiology experience).
* Previous experience with unexplained death surveillance.
* Must be fluent in Portuguese (Written & Oral).
* US Citizen or Foreign National. Brazilian locals are not eligible.
* Professional training and extensive knowledge in communicable disease surveillance programs.
If you're interested in this opportunity, please contact me.