Thinking about a significant career change? Thinking about a non-clinical career? Do you know how to get started?
Here are just a few practical suggestions/tips:
1. Start networking with old classmates, colleagues, and friends. You may find the perfect opportunity and discover that an old colleague is in a position to help you.
2. Join some associations/societies that are specific to the industry you're interested in. By becoming a member, you now have an opportunity to network with people in that field.
3. Subscribe to publications specific to that industry/area. Learn about some of the current issues specific to that industry.
4. Scan job boards like Monster, CareerBuilder, and others that are specific to that industry. See what types of opportunities are out there and get an idea about the types of qualifications they're looking for. Post your CV and become visible.
5. Contact executive recruiters and have them do the work for you. They'll be more than happy to help you find an opportunity. They can also give you some ideas on salary ranges, job requirements, etc.